KPL is intended for applications where the battery requires the provision of a reliable power source for relatively long periods of discharge.
It is common for the voltage to be low in relation to the total storage power, and discharge rates are rare.
The recommended discharge time for the KPL range is from 1 hour to 100 hours with appropriate current discharges, but does not exceed 0.5 C (A). C represents the cell capacity based on a discharge period of 5 hours.
Ni-Cd batteries of the KPL type are intended:
For the railroad- wagon lighting
- lighting of control and signaling devices
- power supply of devices at automatic level crossings and blocks
For the electro-power industry- power supply of protective devices (at transformer stations ...)
- power supply of control devices (at transformer stations ...)
- coils for switching on and off appliances
- radio devices
- local automation and monitoring devices
For business and residential buildings- necessary lights
- APA devices
For city traffic - trams